Can anyone identify my old-school Brinkmann offset Smoker? (Before and after photos included)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerbee

Original poster
Oct 3, 2018
Hey, all! I found a badly rusted (exterior) grill out by the curb of a neighbors house and “rescued” it from the trash,en. I’ve since scoured the rust off and repainted it, but I still have a lot of interior mods to do. I’m trying to find a manual for it with specs and whatnot but I can’t determine the model number.... perhaps someone with more knowledge than myself might recognize what I’ve started fixin back up?

Before:
EE72F7E3-80DF-4855-AE04-26423344EEAC.jpeg

After:
55F01B78-F1B8-4713-A42A-31E576A85A7B.jpeg

I don't know what model it is but that's some nice work on the refurb! I tried to give my old smoker to a guy who worked for me but no interest. It lasted about 20 minutes out by the side of the road. I hope this one brings a lot of good times and great meals to you!

I had 1 just like it, very thick metal, lasted about 10 years outside with out a cover most of that. If I had it back now it would last almost forever lol

I take that back,mine had a flat plate welded to the top of the fire box for what ever you wanted to heat up

That is a Brinkmann Cimarron. Built by roger Davidson of horizon smokers after he and his brother sold Oklahoma Joe. Im restoring a Stillwater currently. It’s essentially the same exact smoker but with a Lowe shelf and door skirts.

Reactions: bauchjw
Hey, all! I found a badly rusted (exterior) grill out by the curb of a neighbors house and “rescued” it from the trash,en. I’ve since scoured the rust off and repainted it, but I still have a lot of interior mods to do. I’m trying to find a manual for it with specs and whatnot but I can’t determine the model number.... perhaps someone with more knowledge than myself might recognize what I’ve started fixin back up?

Before:
View attachment 391340

After:
View attachment 391337
Smoking a brisket on one of those bad boys right now! Was planning on spending $450 on an Oklahoma Joe, and found this one on OfferUp for $100. Has thicker steel than ones I’ve seen at the store that cost north of $1000!

Attachments

• DC7168D1-B110-45CF-97D5-3464290FB2AC.jpeg
    DC7168D1-B110-45CF-97D5-3464290FB2AC.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 383
Reactions: bauchjw
I have a similar Brinkmann. It is a Cimarron. My wheels are different than yours. I do have the front shelf on mine. It's an awesome smoker.

Attachments

• 20211215_132407.jpg
    20211215_132407.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 417
Reactions: Mr. Zorg
It looks like a Brinkmann Cimarron shown here on this manual. I just discovered I have the deluxe version with the big wheels and an access port for a log lighter. Yours is model 855-6306-5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211218-184704_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211218-184704_Chrome.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 395
I have a Brinkmann Stillwater. IIRC the Cimmaron and Stillwater were same nominal diameter - 16" - and the Stillwater maybe had a slightly longer cook chamber. My Stillwater has the smaller diameter wheels and a port for a log lighter (which I neever used). I'll measure mine and post up the dimensions. Both were made from 1/4" thick steel, and both were left handed. Here's the "stock" photo of the Stillwater I own.

image018.jpg

There was also a Stillwater Limited with the larger diameter wheels. Here's a weblink to the Stillwater manual.

Last edited:

Before:
View attachment 391340

After:
View attachment 391337
Brinkman Cimmaron. I purchased mine new almost 20 years ago. I modded it before first use. I believe it had a 50 or 75yr warranty. I just refurbished it this weekend.
7C788DC8-FD12-471D-BED5-EA5A70C173A7.jpeg

The hanger on the bottom of the smoker is a dead giveaway. Mine is a Cimarron limited, and it has a shield in the smoke chamber directly over the firebox and pointing down in a 45° angle. I haven't seen any like that yet. Mine also has a port for a propane log lighter. They are awesome smokers. This was when Roger Davidson was building them.

Attachments

• 20211215_132407.jpg
    20211215_132407.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 324
The hanger on the bottom of the smoker is a dead giveaway. Mine is a Cimarron limited, and it has a shield in the smoke chamber directly over the firebox and pointing down in a 45° angle. I haven't seen any like that yet. Mine also has a port for a propane log lighter. They are awesome smokers. This was when Roger Davidson was building them.
Mine has that 45° shield as well and I added a deflector plate which I felt helped a lot. I also lowered the stack to grate level and extended the pipe.
I whish I had those larger wheels.
John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky