1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Can anyone identify my old-school Brinkmann offset Smoker? (Before and after photos included)

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by jerbee, Mar 24, 2019.

1. jerbee

jerbee Newbie

Hey, all! I found a badly rusted (exterior) grill out by the curb of a neighbors house and “rescued” it from the trash,en. I’ve since scoured the rust off and repainted it, but I still have a lot of interior mods to do. I’m trying to find a manual for it with specs and whatnot but I can’t determine the model number.... perhaps someone with more knowledge than myself might recognize what I’ve started fixin back up?

Before:
    EE72F7E3-80DF-4855-AE04-26423344EEAC.jpeg

After:
    55F01B78-F1B8-4713-A42A-31E576A85A7B.jpeg

mfatty500 likes this.
  2. Phil Chart

Phil Chart Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

My vote goes to the after pic. Nice job looks great

3. Braz

Braz Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Nice save. Manual? Put fire in the small chamber, cook in the big chamber.:emoji_laughing:

chopsaw likes this.
  4. Nole4L

Nole4L Smoke Blower

I don't know what model it is but that's some nice work on the refurb! I tried to give my old smoker to a guy who worked for me but no interest. It lasted about 20 minutes out by the side of the road. I hope this one brings a lot of good times and great meals to you!

5. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

nice job!!! what ^ said.

6. mike243

mike243 Smoking Fanatic

I had 1 just like it, very thick metal, lasted about 10 years outside with out a cover most of that. If I had it back now it would last almost forever lol

7. mike243

mike243 Smoking Fanatic

I take that back,mine had a flat plate welded to the top of the fire box for what ever you wanted to heat up

8. motocrash

motocrash Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice resto!Dunno the model but a buddy had one.
    A shelf mounted on bent rods went into these holes.
    upload_2019-3-24_20-54-49.png

9. djjubbajubba

djjubbajubba Fire Starter

That is a Brinkmann Cimarron. Built by roger Davidson of horizon smokers after he and his brother sold Oklahoma Joe. Im restoring a Stillwater currently. It’s essentially the same exact smoker but with a Lowe shelf and door skirts.