Can a spinner be fixed?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Newglide

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 14, 2021
NC
I have my mom's old Wagner Ware Sydney 0 cast iron pan. She's had it ever since I can remember.
Unfortunately it's a spinner. the center of the pan has a pretty good warp so it won't sit level.
Is there any way to fix it? I've been reading a lot on line and see mixed reviews. I'm sure I don't want to get it red hot and try to hammer it back in place. I've read somewhere where someone put a towel over it and hammered on it but I'm sure with my luck it would crack.
Has anybody had any luck fixing one or should I just live with it?

Reactions: JLeonard
Don't hammer on it . Cast iron , is cast . It will break or crack . I have one and it spins too . Cooks just fine for me , matter of fact it's heating up now for some breakfast .
Mines like glass .
1684928825953.jpeg

It will break or crack
That's what I'm afraid of. Looks like you have seasoned that one very well. Will take a little more time before I can get mine in that shape. I think I'll leave it and take it as it is. Thanks

Sounds like an upgrade to gas stove is in order.
I like the way you think, I'll have to hurry before Uncle Joe outlaws them

I think I'll leave it and take it as it is. Thanks
If it's real bad , use it to bake with . I've also seen people heat them in the oven first before going on the cook top . Some say to do that anyway .
Looks like you have seasoned that one very well.
Ate out of that when I was a kid . I have a 1940's Lodge that was my Grandma's . I think that Wagner was one of the Grandma's too . Found them both in my Mom's garage last summer .

Would it be possible to grind off the high spot ?
Certainly could but that would decrease the value of the pan. Obviously if selling was not important that may work. Wagner/Griswold often had a logo on or near the middle. Grinding would take away the beauty of logo. If it is too wobbly to use, make it an outdoor pan or a wall hanger.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky