Campfire supper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
We were planning on doing this on the grill but then my wife asked if I wanted to cook it on the fire...absolutely I said! Since they were calling for more showers we decided we needed a little bit of shelter

20200525_183111.jpg

Now this is actually our awning that just gets put over the fire during inclement weather. We have a bigger one we use to sit under normally but someone seemed to have parked the big smoker in the way. You can see which side usually is over the fire...darkened from years of use. Still smelled awesome coming out of the trailer... mmm campfire smoke!

20200525_183231.jpg

Getting the fire going...not as cool as civilsmoker civilsmoker and his fire pics in the x fire, but I still love it

20200525_183135.jpg

Wife and I are splitting the steak and burger is for our son

20200525_193508.jpg

Some fresh picked asparagus with butter, onion, and minced garlic

20200525_194304.jpg

Everything is on, and after seeing one of Steve H Steve H last posts knew we had to have some shrimp also.

20200525_195833.jpg

After a short conversation with tx smoker tx smoker earlier in the day thought we would marinate the shrimp in a sweet chili sauce...not his homemade sauce so this will do for now

20200526_094056.jpg

Son's burger on toasted bun, this is the last I seen of it

20200525_200349.jpg

My plated shot

20200525_201905.jpg

And the money shot, perfectly done!

20200525_202411.jpg

This entire meal turned out fabulous! Even the wonderful smell knowing it was cooked on the fire.

Thanks for looking
Ryan

Nothing Like a Campfire Supper, Looks Fantastic

Gary

That looks amazing!
Thank you steve! We usually do this several times a year but not in the backyard, but with all the cancellations have not been able to. Thanks for the like. It's appreciated! We had to get some of our cast out to keep up with some of your amazing meals!

Ryan

Thank you for the like also Gary, its appreciated!

Ryan

WOW!! That all looks just amazing. Fantastic job on everything Ryan. The money shot looks beautiful but that pic of everything on the grill is awe inspiring!! Side note sir....this is headed your way a bit later

Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Made this yesterday
001.jpg

Can't wait to see your next batch of shrimp...or anything you decide to use this one. It's good stuff.

Again, great job sir!!
Robert

Reactions: Brokenhandle
That's truly a wonderful piece of work Ryan, perfection on a plate and a all-around great job, Like! I was thinking of Q'ing some teriyaki prawns for dinner, anniversary day, wife would rather have a burger. RAY

Thank you Robert, will do! Just starting to heat up here today, only going to be about 105º, just getting ready for my first dip! RAY

WOW!! That all looks just amazing. Fantastic job on everything Ryan. The money shot looks beautiful but that pic of everything on the grill is awe inspiring!! Side note sir....this is headed your way a bit later

Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Made this yesterday
View attachment 447086

Can't wait to see your next batch of shrimp...or anything you decide to use this one. It's good stuff.

Again, great job sir!!
Robert
Thanks Robert, I appreciate it! And your sauce was definitely on my mind when I did these shrimp. Looking forward to trying yours. Shelly and I absolutely loved this whole meal and cooking it. We had the oil lamps out to enjoy the fire and the evening after our meal but the rain moved in again.

Ryan

That's truly a wonderful piece of work Ryan, perfection on a plate and a all-around great job, Like! I was thinking of Q'ing some teriyaki prawns for dinner, anniversary day, wife would rather have a burger. RAY
Thanks Ray and thanks for the like, its appreciated! Happy anniversary to you and your wife! You have been putting out alot of great meals lately...nice to take time and do some on this end also.

Ryan

Now that DOES look good, Ryan. Can't remember the last time I had food cooked over an open fire--best of my recollection, it was a rabbit.
Gary
Thank you Gary! We normally spend several weekends from spring through fall going to rendezvous ( it's a reenactment of the Louis and Clark time period, mountain men ect.) Been doing it for 30 years. Not much that hasn't been cooked over a fire...bear, snake, elk, venison, beaver, and even woodchuck. Really miss it since they've all been canceled so far, especially our friends , some we only see once a year.

Ryan

Ryan that looks awesome! And that steak was perfectly cooked! Big LIKE all around! What type of fire pit is that? I really like how you were able to grill over it and use it as a fire pit as well.

Ryan that looks awesome! And that steak was perfectly cooked! Big LIKE all around! What type of fire pit is that? I really like how you were able to grill over it and use it as a fire pit as well.
Thank you! It turned out really good. And thanks for the like. It was a gift from my mom or my mil, can't remember which but I think it's like this one

Screenshot_20200526-154322_Chrome.jpg

It works good! The grate is adjustable vertically

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky