Camp chef xxl

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The only input I have is Camp Chef seems to make good products and has good customer service. Based on one pellet grill I have, and the two minor problems. My two cents.

I have an XXL and I love it. I called Camp Chef and bought a couple extra racks for mine so I can completely fill 'er up with ribs when I want so I have 8 total shelves. I got mine a while ago and one of these days I might upgrade to the Wi-Fi controller. You just have to remember that this unit is designed strictly as a smoker so it's not meant to achieve the higher temps that other pellet "grills" are capable of reaching. Get the insulated blanket if you live somewhere that gets cold.

I looked at the cold weather blanket, $200! Just my two cents, I used a Harbor Freight welding blanket on my WSM for temps below freezing, it worked well. $20.

Reactions: one eyed jack
I looked at the cold weather blanket, $200! Just my two cents, I used a Harbor Freight welding blanket on my WSM for temps below freezing, it worked well. $20.
I went the HF welding blanket route for my Camp Chef pellet grill. I may have went with their custom one, but it was never in stock when I needed it. I did find some knock off blankets on Amazon, or Ebay that are made to fit my grill, and they are a lot cheaper than the one CC sells. I may spring for one this fall.

I went the HF welding blanket route for my Camp Chef pellet grill. I may have went with their custom one, but it was never in stock when I needed it. I did find some knock off blankets on Amazon, or Ebay that are made to fit my grill, and they are a lot cheaper than the one CC sells. I may spring for one this fall.
I negotiated a CC blanket when I bought my PG36. The magnets in it were junk, and if you got them too hot the failed altogether. Some Xacto knife skills and some much larger magnets from the hardware store fixed that, but for what they charge I feel I shouldn't have had to do that.

I negotiated a CC blanket when I bought my PG36. The magnets in it were junk, and if you got them too hot the failed altogether. Some Xacto knife skills and some much larger magnets from the hardware store fixed that, but for what they charge I feel I shouldn't have had to do that.
Maybe a good thing I never got one then. For what they charge for their blankets, they should be premium quality.

With the XXL you have to be careful if you go the welding blanket route. There isn't a regular chimney or smokestack on them like on a normal pellet unit, there just an exhaust grate on the side that you need to be careful not to cover. I don't think the XXL will get hot enough to ruin any magnets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky