• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Camp Chef Woodwind Controller on Pit Boss Austin Xl

camp boss

Joined Nov 15, 2020
This is the install of the Camp Chef Woodwind WIFI Controller on the Pit Boss Austin XL. Camp Chef wouldn't recommend this as I am installing it on a Pit Boss. I was originally thinking of a Rec Teq controller but couldn't order one without a serial number of the grill which I didn't have. I had to modify the existing location to accommodate the new controller. I just made a new face plate out of 1/16" black anodized aluminum and attached it to the hopper with stainless steel screws. I also had to change the RTD because Camp Chef uses a 1000 OHM RTD and Pit Boss does not. I had to drill a hole in the upper support to get the longer temperature probe into the grill but I might just remove the upper support altogether as it is really not useful at all. The controller has improved the grill considerably. There are no WIFI or Bluetooth issues after doing the necessary updates to the controller.
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.