Camp Chef Temp Control

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rvforever

Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
Northern Utah
I have a Camp Chef Vault 24 and have a hard time controlling the temp. Small movements of the temp control knob cause huge jumps or decreases in temperatures. Seems I spend all my time trying to get the right temperature. Any ideas or fixes?

The temp control on the SMV is very sensitive.  I just turn it so I can barely feel the resistance in the valve.  Another thing I find is that when the water pan dries up, the temps are almost impossible to control.  Hope this helps.

I let the water pan run dry once and the temp went way up so I make sure to have the pan with enough water in it. I have tried to make very small adjustments with the knob, but doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe to ham fisted!

I received my Smoke Vault last week.  I too had temp issues. Control knob set on low and temps crept up to 175-200. So I cut off the stock regulator and replaced with an adjustable regulator. I tested it today for a few minutes and it seems to work. Will not know for sure until this weekend. Wind is kicking and temps dropping and don't feel like messing with it at this time.

I'll post a couple of photos in a bit.

uzyzutyr.jpg

ganenuje.jpg

a3u6uba9.jpg

bepe3u6e.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky