California Pitmasters Are Creating Their Own BBQ Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I live in the East Bay Area close to the CA Delta and can't wait to leave. I was born and raised in a small cow town that is all pretty much gone now to a country club and tract housing. I hate living here now as a hunter and gun nut my time in CA is short lived I hope to leave with in the next 3-5 yrs. If I ever had a neighbor that complained about the smoke from my smoker it would only make me use it more. We can still cook over fire or charcoal on "spare the air days" it is perfectly legal. I would still do it if it was illegal I have never once not had a fire in the fire place because of a spare the air day, they can go suck eggs. They would have to kick down the front door to prove it was me having the fire, and you know they aren't going to do that. So spare the air days are pretty much senseless. I'll stop having fires when the refineries stop spewing crap out of their stacks 24-7. What a joy it is to live in God's country, the only thing I will miss about CA is the waterfowl hunting and the ocean fishing, Abalone diving which they already took away from us and the fresh produce and amazing Mexican food (the best in the world, better than Mexico by far)..... Screw CA I'm done with the overreaching politics you have to deal with living here. They destroyed a once beautiful place to be from CA is doomed, and it's only going to get worse so enjoy what's left of it while you can. Screw the wacky laws just live your life as you see fit which is what we do.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky