calculation questions. reverse flow verticle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hutcho

Original poster
May 18, 2017
Hey guys new user here, first post actually. Been lurking a while. Looking to build my first smoker. Helped my dad build his and have a highly modified Bradley but want to build a reverse flow verticle insulated smoker now.

So my big question is will the calculator for a regular reverse flow be accurate enough for a verticle? Not going super huge thinking 36×30×24 and eventually gonna mount it on a trailer but for now castors. Thanks for the help guys!

Nope,  the calculators are not designed for that.

Post some drawings and I will help.  I have and am building a bunch of  RF insulated verticals and all work fine.

Ok. I am working on drawings now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I really like your double door build but I bet a build like that is just a bit out of my budget lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: ahumadora
Gonna dig this back up. May only do more like a 20x20 size now but still liking the taller height as I do a lot of sausage. Also thinking I will have some form of fire controller on it as well. leaning towards an auber as I have one on my Bradley and love it.

Anyways. The reason I dig this back up is more a sizing question. based off my rough size earlier what's a good size for the fire box? I would like to have a tray for the charcoal/wood as well as an ash tray below it.

Vent size. I was thinking 2x4 or 2x6 tubing for this with the holes drilled like I have seen on a lot of builds. will either of those be sufficient?

Thanks!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky