Cajun Shrimp And Catfish Cake W/ Gravy & Cheesy Cayenne Grits (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Boy oh boy ... see what happens when you go on vacation! But sure glad I found this! Looks fabulous! And topped with gravy never hurts!

Ryan

Wow, now there's something I might never come up with on my own. I never would have thought to put catfish and shrimp together in a cake, gravy on top ? cayenne in the cheese grits ? Sounds like something I need to explore. A few details on the full recipe would be appreciated.

I 2nd the request for the cake ingredients. I want to make this SOON. I just Google sefood cake recipe and will use that for a base if you don't post the recipe here. I'm assuming so long as I make it right, the Bobby Flay version I found should be pretty tasty. I will use your gravy and Cajun Cheese Grits, just looks too good. Wonder how Better Than Bouillon Garlic base would work (I love Garlic)

My most sincere apologies to all of you for the great responses here. Things were crazy, then calmed down for a bit and I did some catching up, then all Hell broke loose again and I didn't have time to respond to you. A bit late to go back now but many thanks to everybody!!

.What all is in the mix to bind into a cake?...JJ
I 2nd the request for the cake ingredients.

This came from Joe ( xray xray ) and it's in some weird format
B3BF7CF1-9E87-4F38-BF92-EC68F101C23E.jpeg

Thanks again everybody!!
Robert

Reactions: chef jimmyj
My most sincere apologies to all of you for the great responses here. Things were crazy, then calmed down for a bit and I did some catching up, then all Hell broke loose again and I didn't have time to respond to you. A bit late to go back now but many thanks to everybody!!

This came from Joe ( xray xray ) and it's in some weird format
View attachment 507404

Thanks again everybody!!
Robert

One thing I should mention is I forgot to include the old bay seasoning being mixed in and not just sprinkled on top.

I recently posted the recipe and a how-to for those who haven’t seen it. I made it keto by swapping the cracker crumbs for pork rinds and omitting the salt.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky