Making some Cajun Crawfish Cornbread Casserole. This stuff is really good. Do not buy china crawfish as you will ruin your dish. This is what I buy:
View attachment 479346
View attachment 479350
Mixed up and in pan. Normally use a cast iron pan but taking this to the brewery to meet with friends.
View attachment 479348
This how would look in CI
View attachment 479349
- 1 lb pound, peeled and partially cooked or fully cooked crawfish tails (12 oz package can be substituted), defrosted
- 1/2 tsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup chopped)
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (about 1/4 cup) (optional)
- 1 (4 oz) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (14.75 oz) can cream-style corn
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil plus additional oil for oiling casserole dish
- 1 cup (4 oz) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (8.5 oz) box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix OR 2 cups of family size Martha White Sweet Cornbread and Muffin mix OR substitute 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal, 2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt — increase cornmeal to 2 cups for firmer casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil a 9″x13″ casserole dish or 10″ cast iron skillet.
- In medium bowl, combine crawfish tales, Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Set side.
- In large bowl, combine onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, diced pimentos, cream style corn, eggs, vegetable oil and cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add in the seasoned crawfish tails.
- Add the cornbread mix. Pour into oiled 9″ x 13″ casserole dish or oiled 10″ cast iron skillet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 – 50 minutes until bubbly, browned on top and edges begin to pull away from sides of casserole dish.
- Remove from oven, let set on counter for 15 – 20 minutes, then cut into 6 slices and serve.
View attachment 479561