Cajun Boiled Shrimp Remoulade Lettuce Wraps

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
First fishing trip of the summer Friday. Conditions were right, tide was right, weather was right...but we fished hard and did not catch any redfish which is very odd for the spot we were fishing. That spot is usually money after a string of weak tides. Usually see thousands of redfish crusing the banks...

But shrimp season just opened and I'll tell ya what-it's amazing how many shrimp you can catch with $20 dollar bills!!! We bought some 10-15 count shrimp right off the boat that had been out shrimping the night before for $3.50/#. Decided to do some Cajun boiled shrimp Remoulade lettuce wraps.

I made the remoulade fresh saturday morning to let it sit in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours for the flavors to come together.
IMG_20220514_173646.jpg

Here is the recipe:
IMG_20220514_115440.jpg

After boiling the shrimp and peeling, time to make the wraps!
Pile the shrimp on, then the remoulade...
IMG_20220514_173632.jpg

IMG_20220514_173635.jpg

IMG_20220514_174406.jpg

add fresh tomato..
IMG_20220514_174357.jpg

wrap and EAT!!
IMG_20220514_173940.jpg

Sooo good! Fresh and light summer meal. Those shrimp were so fresh they smelled like the ocean! Simple yet incredibly tasty meal! I ate 3 wraps!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the remoulade sauce recipe Kieth. Did you buy the shrimp head on, or headed? Just curious about price diff between your area and here in NC.

Do you let the shrimp cool before making the wraps? I assume so.

Do you season the shrimp, when cooking, for this recipe?

Sounds like a refreshing meal.

Thanks for the remoulade sauce recipe Kieth. Did you buy the shrimp head on, or headed? Just curious about price diff between your area and here in NC.

Do you let the shrimp cool before making the wraps? I assume so.

Sounds like a refreshing meal.

Thanks one eyed jack.

We bought them head on.

Got the seasoned water boiling then put the shrimp in. when returned to boiling, boil for 1 minute then shut fire off and soak for 4-5 minutes. drain and quench with cold water to stop cooking and to cool the shrimp.

Thanks one eyed jack.

We bought them head on.

Got the seasoned water boiling then put the shrimp in. when returned to boiling, boil for 1 minute then shut fire off and soak for 4-5 minutes. drain and quench with cold water to stop cooking and to cool the shrimp.
Thanks for the comeback Kieth.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Keith bummer about the redfish but that wrap looks awesome except that nasty red stuff on them :emoji_laughing: Thanks for the recipe I can see some of those in my future

Sounds like all my fishing trips since I bought this boat! I guess I forgot how to catch fish. That shrimp looks so good. Would be so nice to get fresh shrimp. This frozen stuff been using kind of bland if you know what I mean. Man I love Red Fish.

Simple yet incredibly tasty meal! I ate 3 wraps!!!
Well Keith, if you managed to stop at 3, you have much more self control than I do. Those look and sound absolutely amazing. As you said, fresh, cool, and what I can only imagine would be a perfect Summertime meal. Very well done my friend.

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Thanks for posting the recipe, headed vacation next week at the beach and going to grill the shrimps me thinks and build like you did

First fishing trip of the summer Friday. Conditions were right, tide was right, weather was right...but we fished hard and did not catch any redfish which is very odd for the spot we were fishing. That spot is usually money after a string of weak tides. Usually see thousands of redfish crusing the banks...

But shrimp season just opened and I'll tell ya what-it's amazing how many shrimp you can catch with $20 dollar bills!!! We bought some 10-15 count shrimp right off the boat that had been out shrimping the night before for $3.50/#. Decided to do some Cajun boiled shrimp Remoulade lettuce wraps.

I made the remoulade fresh saturday morning to let it sit in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours for the flavors to come together.
View attachment 631870

Here is the recipe:
View attachment 631867
After boiling the shrimp and peeling, time to make the wraps!
Pile the shrimp on, then the remoulade...
View attachment 631868
View attachment 631869
View attachment 631873
add fresh tomato..
View attachment 631872
wrap and EAT!!
View attachment 631871
Sooo good! Fresh and light summer meal. Those shrimp were so fresh they smelled like the ocean! Simple yet incredibly tasty meal! I ate 3 wraps!!!
Oooooooeeeeee. Wondermous

Boy howdy does that ever look great Keith! I have just about all the fixin's on hand, be 106º here today, might be boiling up some shrimp on the patio stove, too hot to cook inside. RAY

Man I don’t know how I missed this thread! Looks fantastic and we do love using lettuce wraps too. Definitely going to make these. Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky