Cabelas meat slicer's ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My kiddo works @ Cabelas and got me one of them for my birthday. Does that count as me getting it for free ;)

I haven't even unboxed it yet. Dam thing does weigh about 800 lbs. I eyeballed the 12" hard but with my old man degen discs I went with the medium sized option just to make it more manageable.

She did get 45% off. If she ever quits that gig I might have to get a part time job there just for that discount. It's 45% off of everything under the Cabelas brand name. And yes - they have a Cabelas branded ammo, though it hasn't been in stock since she started. I just found out they have branded pellets. I'm going to give them a try.

JUST FYI - in 6 months or so they are all going to be completely rebranded as Bass Pro Shops, though BPS will honor all warranties etc....

Reactions: poacherjoe
I haven’t been in one in over a year, might wander back in to see.
Reminded me of Kmart blue light specials though in there

The OP said he was going to use his slicer mainly for bacon. Bacon and other wide cuts can be a challenge to slice on a smaller machine that doesn't have a carriage with a long enough travel.

What ever machine you are looking at, make sure it has the travel to cover a 12" wide belly. Any thing less and you end up having to fold the finished belly in half or cutting it in half before slicing.

Well I ended up getting the Cabelas Pro 8.7" slicer ! So far I have sliced a few pounds of bacon and Tri Tip and it did a good job. It leaves a tail when cutting so I have to flip the meat every few cuts but maybe slicing it semi frozen will cure that. Overall I am pleased with it and it was free so that's hard to beat .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky