Cabela's Masterbuilt 7 in 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

omahasteve

Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
I just got a Cabela's Masterbuilt 7 in 1 propane smoker - I was looking for some tips on using it in cold weather.  I have only smoked a turkey in it (which was fairly successful) and this weekend I am looking at attempting my first racks of ribs.
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
22e1465a_lunapic_129357507842152_4.jpg

with it being a propane smoker, i would try and keep it out of the wind, if you do not have a natural windblock around your house, build one out of a sheet of 4x8 ply wood. cut the wood into 2 4x4 pieces and mount some heavy duty hinges on them so you can make a (v) style wind block.  if you have a welding blanket drape over the top of your (v) wood wind break.  make sure not to get the wood to close...check the required distance in your owners manual. happy smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky