• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Butts and briskets sale

Bytor

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 16, 2020
Yep, I scarfed up a two pack of the Butts. My Kroger also had Chuck for $3.99/lb. I didn't see the brisket though. Why is it that these great deals occur when my freezer is pretty full with meat that I didn't get on sale earlier. :emoji_tired_face:

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Yep, I scarfed up a two pack of the Butts. My Kroger also had Chuck for $3.99/lb. I didn't see the brisket though. Why is it that these great deals occur when my freezer is pretty full with meat that I didn't get on sale earlier. :emoji_tired_face:
I used to have the same problem. I know have two big stand ups. Plus the ones on our two fridges! Lol!

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Man good for you we don't have one in my area.

Warren

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Brisket is $2.49 lb here this week. I got no room in the freezer, my wife doesn't eat beef cuts, and a packer already in the freezer I'm going to grind for burgers when the time comes. I might not ever smoke a brisket again with all this corona lockdown and no company. I like beef short ribs more anyway, brisket on a stick. RAY

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like Sowsage it is appreciated.

Warren

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Brisket is $2.49 lb here this week. I got no room in the freezer, my wife doesn't eat beef cuts, and a packer already in the freezer I'm going to grind for burgers when the time comes. I might not ever smoke a brisket again with all this corona lockdown and no company. I like beef short ribs more anyway, brisket on a stick. RAY
We dont dont smoke whole brisket often but my plan is to grind. Even the high fat ground beef around here is over $4 lb. And I'll take ground brisket iver just about any other cut ground any day!

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Ha! I wish! My butcher's prices are bit diferent. Last time I looked it was $9.98 a lb.

Ouch! I have a thing about never paying more than five bucks a pound for meat except the occasional lamb roast, and then it's $5,99lb. I guess I've always been kind of spoiled compared to some places, but I shop hard and make it count. RAY

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
nice, wish we had one around here. if you don't mind will you load a cooler and drive a little east and drop some off.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Man this is the 2nd time your Kroger has awesome deals that ours don’t. I think last time it was $0.99 spares, that never hit ours either.
Man thats crazy! We are not that far apart. Would think the deals would be about the same.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
nice, wish we had one around here. if you don't mind will you load a cooler and drive a little east and drop some off.
Wish i was headed that way! Im headed a couple hours south this weekend to see some family. If you were in route I would most deffinatly load a cooler for ya!

Bytor

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 16, 2020
We dont dont smoke whole brisket often but my plan is to grind. Even the high fat ground beef around here is over $4 lb. And I'll take ground brisket iver just about any other cut ground any day!
Hey Sowsage, I'm sure it has been posted around here before, but do you prefer ground brisket over Chuck for burgers and other ground beef cooks? I can get a whole packer for half the cost per pound from chuck.

Thanks

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Hey Sowsage, I'm sure it has been posted around here before, but do you prefer ground brisket over Chuck for burgers and other ground beef cooks? I can get a whole packer for half the cost per pound from chuck.

Thanks
I have ground my own Chuck before also...still way better than store baught ground beef because its fresh and I can choose what size plate I grind through. But brisket for me has much more "beefy" flavor to it. I usually just trim the really big hunks of fat and whatever else you normally would. Run it through a 1/4" plate and your good to go. Like many others here once I started grinding brisket I have not gone back!

Just for fun here is a link to a crazy burger I did with some coarse cround brisket.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.