Butterball Turkey breast with Qviews

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokey mo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 18, 2009
North Oregon Coast
A friend asked me to  cook some boneless turkey breasts for her Ladies Night. She bought three, two for her party and one for me.  What a deal. Thawed them out and seasoned them and into the smoker with some maple and apple.  It ran a little hotter than I wanted but you deal with whats dealt to ya.  

About 3 hours at 295 and here is mine.

and here it is after resting.

It tasted amazing.  Just a little too much salt. Served it as hot turkey sandwiches with cranberries. 

Sorry missed the money shot it was the hungry shot and it didn't last.

Thanks for checking it out.

Rick

Looks damn good. Also gotta love the bring 3 but only takes 2 deal.

Nice smoke, and thanks for sharing the Q View too. I like your choice of woods, great flavoring. It's all good my friend.

icon_cool.gif

Now that looks like a Yummy sandwiches waiting to happen.

Thanks everyone. 

I smoked these in that cookie sheet and there wasn't much juice coming out of it.  I was afraid when I cut in it would be like chalk.  To my surprise it was VERY moist.  

Mark...I would love to have had a sammie from it today for lunch but my teenage boys saw fit to devour it last night.  I guess it was good.

Thanks again for the kind words.

rick

Got a breast, 2 chickens and a 9lb chunk of bonless rib roast in the water bath thawing.

Terry

I am a little different than most.  I cook mine till they run clear, if I remember this one was 160...ish. I suffered as a child from turkey that resembled chalk and swore that I would never cook one til it blew away.  The Poultry Police most likely frown on my style but...

The two that I sent with the wife I let stay in a little longer (175) and wrapped and let rest. 

It was very moist.  I am sure that *utterball filled it with solution to fool us novices.  It worked.

rick

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky