Butterball fully cooked smoked turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drewbobo

Original poster
Nov 17, 2019
Okay so I bought a fully cooked smoked turkey. I would like to deep fry it and an open to suggestions. Some articles I read said to heat it up in the oven first to heat the inside to 150F then deep fry at 350 for 6 minutes. Does that sound about right? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Drew

Okay so I bought a fully cooked smoked turkey. I would like to deep fry it and an open to suggestions. Some articles I read said to heat it up in the oven first to heat the inside to 150F then deep fry at 350 for 6 minutes. Does that sound about right? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Drew

Hi there and welcome!

I would simply let it defrost in the fridge until fully defrosted.
A raw bird in 350F oil cooks for a hair over 3 min a pound.
I have no idea if 6 minutes on an already cooked bird would do the trick but it might. I would simply get an instant read thermometer and after 6 minutes pull the bird up and temp it deep in the breast. If it is 160F in the breast then I would pull it and it should be done.

Now I'm not sure why you are going this route or how well it will work but I'm curious to see what you end up with so let us know how it all comes out and what you learned :)

I didn't even know you could buy a fully cooked smoked butterball. If its fully done you might be better heating it back up in the oven. If you are going for the crispy skin you can use the oven broiler. Will save you $35 in oil and some propane! If you do fry will be curious to see how it turns out.

I didn't know they had them either. But they do. But they state "Smoke flavor added" Makes you wonder...
smoked turkey.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky