Butt smoke for U of M and OSU game

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mriversinco

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2013
Michigan
The plan was to put together a pulled pork smoke for the big game today, but it took an amazing 19.5 hours at 250 to get up to temp.  Never had one take so long, but as you know it's never the same....

Just got it done for the 2nd half so people can enjoy. 

Used Jeff's rub for the 1st time and smoked it with hickory.  The bark was a little dry, I think because of the long time, so had to cut it up with a knife but once it's combined it's awesome.  Also used JJ's finishing sauce and that really topped it off.

We're rooting for you to whip those buckeyes good luck, Great class they have three ejected so far!

Pork looks great! Buckeyes looked terrible, had it been any team other than Michigan I'd have accepted the loss, but happily I don't have to....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky