Butt and Boil update! (With final product pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worm304

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
So everything turned out great. 14 total hours on the butt to get it to 200. Panned and foiled it when it hit 185 because I was running out of time.

IMG_20180414_150313.jpg

Here it was finally done.
IMG_20180414_152156.jpg

Here is what I got after it was pulled and before adding in any sauce. I did use pan drippings and a mix of apple juice, cider vinegar, black pep, cajun season and some of rub as a finishing juice.
IMG_20180414_153100.jpg

Here is the boil. Old Bay, onion, lemon, a Corona, red pots, sausage, corn, shrimp.
IMG_20180414_163404.jpg

All laid out ready to be eaten! Thanks for looking!!

Lookin' good worm.I see you have the dreaded timer on your burner too.:mad:

Thanks! Yeah, I did watch a video on how to bypass it but I didn't have time to do it. I get it's a safety feature but sure is a pain. I probably relit it 4 times because I was in and out preparing the pork and trying to time everything in the boil correctly. I ended up making my neighbor babysit the boil.

Two of my favorite meals right there. Looks great!

Had a boil last month and threw in fresh sliced jalapenos and mushrooms too and man was it good. Give it a try next time!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky