Burnt Chuckies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nomadd917

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 27, 2017
Peoria, IL
With the UFC PPV tonight and me heading to a friends house to watch with 5 other guys, decided to treat myself to some wonderful burnt ends made from chuck roast.

bought 2 x 2.5 lb chuck roasts. They were about 1 - 1 1/2” think, perfect for burnt ends.
Treated it with Texas style rub then added some extra pepper for a little more kick and better bark.

smoked at 225 with cherry and apple pellets until i liked the bark formation and color. No water pan and no spritzing. About 6 hours.

11512B5E-F853-4902-88F6-ED5AA153BEB5.jpeg

then pulled them off the smoker and cubed theup.

BB2789D3-E2DF-465B-B811-9860D97C8ACF.jpeg

Threw on some semi homemade BBQ sauce (I buy a basic cheap sauce and dress it up and make it how I like it) and beef broth and covered and put back the smoker at 300 for 2 hours to tender up.

C58F131B-E68B-448D-8DD3-A04AE6B6BCBE.jpeg
uncovered the chuckies and started caramelizing.

DCC3FF83-EAF1-43ED-8763-A71C7CB98EAD.jpeg

They are delicious.

Looks good...JJ

I wanna see the fight over the last one of those! I got my money in the smaller scrapy guy. (And I'm 6'5 290 or so).

Last edited:
Looks real good! If you brought them over to my place, I wouldn’t make you chip in for ppv buy. Sounds pretty fair?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky