Burger Press Recommendation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Guys,
Personally I think if you're gonna get a "Burger Press", you might just as well go right to the "STUFZ" Burger Maker. Then you can make Double Stuffed Cheeseburgers real easy. Some call them "Juicy Lucy":
Here's one from 4 years ago:

Bear

Well the cheapo one that was available quick worked pretty darn well. Made 18 burgers a bit ago and now waiting for the party to arrive to grill them up with some sausages and whatever else people bring. I like a 6.5 oz patty and that fit just about perfect in this form.

They’re not perfect as I was in somewhat of a rush, but they look a heck of a lot nicer than my normal patties!

Might stick with it, or might upgrade. I guess we’ll see.

6ED0559E-DD42-4930-B656-CD2645B206CF.jpeg
4C7BDFD5-32AF-4236-8753-81DC94E07E27.jpeg

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Nothing wrong with those. Looks Homemade rather than El Cheapo frozen burgers...JJ

Nothing wrong with those. Looks Homemade rather than El Cheapo frozen burgers...JJ
Thanks Jimmy!

I like to mix some EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in to the meat. And with this size crowd I will be firing up my MBG 1050, so they’ll get the benefit of charcoal running with a hickory split in the hopper.

They should turn out good

The last time I did a cook out that required a ton of burgers I used the pan trick. You just mix your meat with the spices of your choice. Place in a wax paper lined cooking sheet that has 1/2" side walls. Work the burger meat down close to the edge of the wall. Place wax paper on top. And use a rolling pin to finish spreading out until you get uniform thickness. Then put in freezer until it firms up. Then cut in squares so it looks like burgers from Wendy's. Bit of work. But it puts out alot of burgers in short time.

Steve, that is a Brilliant Idea! We dont do big cook outs but I like to keep a stock of Burgers for quick meals. I do believe I have a baking sheet that would work perfectly. Thanks...JJ

Steve, that is a Brilliant Idea! We dont do big cook outs but I like to keep a stock of Burgers for quick meals. I do believe I have a baking sheet that would work perfectly. Thanks...JJ
Thanks Jimmy! I've also done this for white castle burgers. Just used a pan with a 1/4" lip. And punched a few holes in them before frying. While they were pretty darn good. They're not the same as the real article.

Did a little research on getting good WC flavor. DEHYDRATED ONION is a must! Soak until tender, remove most of the water and spread on the Grill. Top with meat, cheese and buns and steam until cooked through. There are videos of how to lay everything out. I am waiting to get the onions and will be making these asap...JJ

chef jimmyj chef jimmyj Agreed, as they are on McDonald's copy cats. For both but especially white castles, 73%/27% if not fattier, IMO; those tubes of pasty ground beef at the store work wonderful IMO.

[I just roll out the meat between parchment on a lipless baking tray, partially freeze, score and punch holes, freeze, and there you have it]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky