Burger night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cansmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Every or almost every Friday for the last 10 1/2 years, we've made burger on Friday for supper. For most of the time, each week is a different burger. I use either beef, pork or turkey and/or chicken and make my own. They are more sausage burgers as I will add the seasoning used to make any number of sausages. Tonight was Chorizo burgers.

Obviously when I can, the burgers make it on the grill and using the mantra of add flavour at every step, I put wood chips in smoker box on top of the coals. Who else puts a smoke ring on a burger? :D I keep the lid closed to keep more of the smoke in the unit. I did up some steak fries from parboiled potatoes and added garlic and onion powder

BTW, these burgers should have been last weeks but a not so quick trip to the Emerg for my wife. She has a nasty lung infection (not covid) and was having trouble breathing. She's much better now
20200619_184723.jpg

Every or almost every Friday for the last 10 1/2 years, we've made burger on Friday for supper. For most of the time, each week is a different burger. I use either beef, pork or turkey and/or chicken and make my own. They are more sausage burgers as I will add the seasoning used to make any number of sausages. Tonight was Chorizo burgers.

Obviously when I can, the burgers make it on the grill and using the mantra of add flavour at every step, I put wood chips in smoker box on top of the coals. Who else puts a smoke ring on a burger? :D I keep the lid closed to keep more of the smoke in the unit. I did up some steak fries from parboiled potatoes and added garlic and onion powder

BTW, these burgers should have been last weeks but a not so quick trip to the Emerg for my wife. She has a nasty lung infection (not covid) and was having trouble breathing. She's much better now
View attachment 450106
I'm using my Oki Joe Highlander. I have on occasion put burgers in MES. Hmmmm, next week maybe?

Looks good. We use a Burger Press to form the patties, but then we grill them as is.

Glad your wife is better.

Mike

Reactions: sawhorseray
Great to hear your wife is on the mend, that's what's important! Maybe get a little closer to the food for the photo-op, bigger is better. RAY

cansmoke cansmoke Glad the better half is on the mend. As far as burgers go......,My wife has told me that from now on unless we are in a hurry to eat, burgers are to be cooked in the smoker. Made some pimento cheese stuffed burgers the other day that were excellent.

Reactions: cansmoke
cansmoke cansmoke Glad the better half is on the mend. As far as burgers go......,My wife has told me that from now on unless we are in a hurry to eat, burgers are to be cooked in the smoker. Made some pimento cheese stuffed burgers the other day that were excellent.
JLeonard: Tonight I smoked the burgers in the MES30. Next week, I'll take the time to use offset.

Reactions: JLeonard
When discussing the potential for a smoker with my neighbor (smokes everything), I mentioned seeing a recipe, or perhaps a better word is guide, for a smoked burger. I was drooling. This past Friday he did smoked burgers, said they turned out great. I was not able to sample, but now that I have a smoker, I am dying to do some. Perhaps this weekend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky