Bummed out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dj54

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Got three slabs of bellies going in the smoker late yesterday. Was hoping for an all night smoke while itwas cooler. Filled my amzps with half apple and half hickory after I microwaved them for a minute on high. Got up this morning and rushed out to check them and they hardly had any smoke, checked my amzps and it had went out after it burned almost a whole row of pellets. So my bacon lay there all night in the 70 degree heat and humidity with no smoke. My question to the gurus is my bacon still ok ? Started my amzps again this morning. Thanks for the help in advance.

You should be fine, The Cure and even that small amount of smoke, 2-3 hours would keep you safe. Some guys Smoke Bacon for Days with or without refrigerating in between. I would put at least another 10 hours of smoke on it...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky