Bulk Pork Butt shredder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I will be cooking 20 butts next week on Wednesday. Need 13 for the local big football team shindig, 5 for my neighbors family reunion and 2 for myself. All gratis with the exception of around 10 meals people wanted me to sell them. I know some of you have posted using this or similar tools before. Does it work well? Thinking of ordering one this week. This will be my Langs biggest load by far. I usually crank out 6 butts in 7-8 hours total. Wondering if this thermal mass and more use of the end away from firebox will extend this to 10-12 hours.
Screenshot_20230809-085036.png

Last edited:
I've never used one so no help here, but that's quite the undertaking. Good luck and have fun.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
That just another day for you :emoji_wink: Found some green tomatoes this morning. Still not tried pickles yet but will when my fasting time up today before I make green tomato pickles. Finished off my Hatch Green Pepper stew. Man was that good. I might make again this week. Gave most of it away.

Yes it works. I bought one because I I got tired of burning my hands when having to do a bunch of butts. Large food safe bucket and a drill that you can run slow. You don't wanna blend it.

Yes it works. I bought one because I I got tired of burning my hands when having to do a bunch of butts. Large food safe bucket and a drill that you can run slow. You don't wanna blend it.
Thanks! Gonna order one

I bought a 5 finger shredder for about $20, works great, I use a thin stainless pot , pull the bone out and any big clumps of fat that might not have rendered, done in about a minute of so, pour out put another 1 in and repeat. should have bought 1 years ago, I shred pretty fine as its easier to make/proportion it out as sandwich's, I use a battery operate drill but if I had that many I would pull out the corded dril.

I just worry about the big clumps of fat that a lot of folks don’t like in their meat. But hand pulling 20 butts would take forever.
I always dump my bucket of shredded meat into a pan and pull out anything that looks nasty. Seems some butts have a hard piece of fat in them that you definitely don’t want to serve.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky