Building Stuff,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sean the Nailer

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 9, 2023
Greetings y'all,
Necessity being the mother of invention, as well as the premise of "I can't find it for sale anywhere so I'm building one how "I" want it to be...." anyone else around here who tinker and create things? Specifically in this case, a 'meat thermometer'? Anything of the sort?

I realize that there are already many different 'commercial options' out there, and some that can handle a few (multiple) probes. Thing is, most everything I've seen have been 'pre-built' and 'as-is' items that are essentially "This is the way it is, and you'll LIKE IT".

So, I'm curious if anyone else has taken a stroll down this path?

I'm making some progress with that which we're creating here. For us, for our needs. And to help me/us with our issues. I'm not in any way attempting to start mass producing anything, nor am I putting anything up for sale. Overkill being under-rated, most of what we create here at our home would be too 'ugly' for anyone to buy anyways. Function over fashion, and "chrome don't get ya home".

Blessings,

Sean

I haven't found the need.
What are the specs of the one you want to make that you can't find ?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky