Building offset vertical smoker.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hvactech08

Original poster
Nov 21, 2015
Greenfield IN
I am ready to start on my next smoker build. My last one was an all stainless reverse flow offset and i love it!

I am wanting to build a smoker that will be used primarily for snack sticks and summer sausage. So temp control and lower temps are key to this.
Also i dont need anything large either. I happen to have a alot of stainless pipe laying around and i am going to utilize it.

I have a rough sketch drawn up and. I will be using a 12” x 21” pipe for the cook chamber. I used the feldon calculator to get my fb and stack sizing.
Let me know what yall think and what i should change to make this work better for my application

Attachments

• 26A14258-EB58-4828-9AAE-E4E197B6C116.jpeg
    26A14258-EB58-4828-9AAE-E4E197B6C116.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 55
Looks great, are you going to make a stand or something so it is off of the floor at a reasonable height? I wish my Smoker was higher I would consider using charcoal more. ( bad back and neck ) anyways it looks like you have a great plan I cannot wait to see it.

I will have a stand of some sort built to keep it elevated. Just gonna wait tills its done to see about how high i want it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky