Building a new Smoker (DONE)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wolfmann

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Richmond Texas
Well a few days later and a few more parts build and installed. I have the firebox finished and welded in place. Build both doors and fitted in place. I do have to adjust the hinges on the big door they pulled back a little while I welded them in place. I have the upright sitting in place and a few short welds holding it in place. Welding will be done in the morning when it is just a little cooler.

68e61519_003.jpg
02915afe_004.jpg
2a1a20c6_005.jpg
3f64a26b_006.jpg
94ed154b_007.jpg

Work continues on. I have welded the ends over the fire box and the bottom of the upright in place and have started to clean up the smoker. All the doors are now working and cleaned up. The rails for the grates are in place and the pipes are welded in place for the rib racks. I have the handles brushed out and removed so I can clean up the rest. I have the air intake finished on the firebox and rails welded in on the bottom of the upright for a water tray.

ebbda68f_001.jpg
54ff3b80_002.jpg
8a9b3e1a_003.jpg
e34c19d4_004.jpg
01cb61ff_005.jpg

Top of line off-set build right there, congrats!

Out of curiosity, what diameter in the smoking area? Helps  give an idea of it's size.

Last edited:
I am done. The only thing left is to paint the lone star silver so it matches better with the rest of the smoker. What do you think????

17850517_001.jpg

cd013ceb_003.jpg

c177ba0d_002.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky