• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

build a greenhouse

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
That is a fantastic green house. And it made me miss Germany.

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
That's terrific, is that redwood framing? we use to see a lot of decks built with it but those days are gone

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
That's an awesome looking greenhouse! And backyard, and patio. Very nice craftsmanship. And now to hide this post so my wife never sees it...honey do list is too big already.

Ryan

tomd8

Fire Starter
Joined May 21, 2018
Great looking greenhouse. I've had one for over 25 years but mine is a "hoop house" made of galvanized pipe with thick gauge plastic stretched over it. I can tell you from experience any place that water gathers you'll have moss and dirt gathering. Looking at the venting windows it's a shame you couldn't have built the bottom of each window to be flush with the frame bottom. One remedy can be the addition of plastic panels over the window frame extending past the bottom resulting in a clean line and no dirt collection. I'm not sure if your design will vent well enough the way it is in summer full sun or if you'll need a fan as well. Enjoy it.

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Very impressive, you will have fun with that. Can you talk about your pizza oven? Brand and where you bought it?

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
That pizza oven and your talents are truly amazing and a work of art! Very nice

Ryan

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Very nice congrats on a fine construction job

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.