Buffalo Pig Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Keep seeing posts on pig wings, finally found some and they did not disappoint!
Buffalo Wing seasoned pig wings just on the 26.75” kettle with a chunk of cherry over the Vortex.

2.jpg
-----
Here are the Buffalo Pig Wings just finishing. Was a little over a half hour cook with a 450º temp at the lid.

3.jpg
-----
First four sauced with Kosmos Q Cherry Habanero BBQ sauce, next four plain with just the Owens BBQ Buffalo Wing seasoning, and the last four sauced with Blues Hog Wild Wing sauce. While I like all three, my better half preferred no sauce. Very similar to eating ribs… we will definitely be having them again!

1.jpg
Thanks for looking!

I’m gonna have to get on google also. They look great. Is 450 all the vortex got it to or was that the temp you were shooting for. I haven’t used my vortex on my 26” but I know it pegs out my 22” kettle thermometer

Reactions: mossymo
Gonna have to look them up as well... but they sure look good! I knew pigs could fly lol!

Ryan

• Love
I have to agree that those do look good. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

• Love
I’m gonna have to get on google also. They look great. Is 450 all the vortex got it to or was that the temp you were shooting for. I haven’t used my vortex on my 26” but I know it pegs out my 22” kettle thermometer
That is where we wanted it, airflow was reduced to keep the temp there.
The cut is also referred to as, or called
- Pork Shank
- Ham Hock
- Pork Hock
- Pork Knuckles
- Hog Wings

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky