Buffalo Chicken?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamesq

Original poster
Jun 17, 2013
New York
Any ever smoke a buffalo wing style whole chicken? Doing a friendly cook off this weekend and I’m thinking this would be a winner

So you would smoke the chicken and then coat it in wing sauce? I don't think anyone would have a problem with this.

I haven't tried smoking buffalo chicken. I have injected and then did it beer can style on my charcoal grill with indirect heat. Personally I like cooking chicken at a slightly higher temp to make sure that the skin crisps up.

So I injected with buffalo sauce, mixed up a buffalo sauce brine gonna soak over night, found a franks red hot seasoning I’m gonna rub on the chicken tomorrow. Might inject again not sure but I’ll keep ya posted on how it go’s

Sorry about the late post. Chicken was spot on. So I injected the bird with buffalo sauce, mixed two gallons of water with two cups of kosher salt and 12 oz if buffalo sauce and let sit over night. Injected it again, sprinkled franks seasoning all over it and put it under the skin, then smoked it. It was so good I’m gonna do another one Saturday

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky