• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Buck Sticks with Larger Casing ? Question..

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011
I was planning on making buck sticks this weekend however the 19mm casings I ordered didn't make it on the UPS truck Saturday. 

I have some larger size casings I use for brats so is there any reason I just cant use them?? They might even be a bigger hit for snacking around the holidays. Give me your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

stayhot

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 12, 2011
I use 24-26mm sheep casings all the time for snack stick and they turn out great. I've never used hog casings for them though?? Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't work?

hoity toit

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 4, 2011

I use 24-26mm sheep casings all the time for snack stick and they turn out great. I've never used hog casings for them though?? Honestly I don't see why they wouldn't work?
Great, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the reply.

stayhot

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 12, 2011
That's exactly what I do is cut them up into 2-3 inch long pieces...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.