• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

BS Breasts and my first ABTs

smokingnd

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 9, 2009
So yesterday decided i needed to do something with these BS chicken breasts, but didn't want to do just meat so I decided to do a few ABTs since I have never done them, here are some pre-smoker pics.  The chicken was in brine overnight then I wrapped the tree small ones with bacon and put in the smoker at 250-275, with the rack of ABTs right above.  Smoked with cherry wood.

Last edited:

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Before pics look good, wheres the after one lol

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Looks like you;re off to a great start. It';s all good my friend.

smokingnd

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 9, 2009
I just posted the qview for the ABTs in the ABT sticky, but I can post it with the chicken right now.  Just cut a little taste off the breasts and they are amazing, great flavor and juicy, i should have put  rub on them but I wanted to try it this way first I guess.  The ABTs are great as well.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks great. I bet you were happy to run the smoker for those.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I like them both now thats a great meal in my eyes. The chicken looks awesome and you just can't go wrong with the Abt's.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.