Brown Beer Pork Chops with Chopped Kale Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jayd4wg

Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
Pittsburgh PA
20200621_183224.jpg 20200621_182736.jpg 20200621_170808.jpg

Normally I like to use thicker boneless chops for this...but we had these in the freezer. Credit where it's due, this marinade is from Sam the Cooking Guy on Food Network.

4-6 Thick Boneless or bone in Pork Loin Chops
1 bottle of brown beer (I like Sams Brown Ale or Honey Brown)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1-2" ginger grated
1-2 green onions sliced thin.

Mix all ingredients in a gallon ziploc or container until sugar dissolves completely, and then put the pork in and marinate at least 4 hours. I did overnight. Grill over med high heat turning occasionally to get good grill marks and cook to 165 on the IRT.

This is hands down one of my favorite pork chop recipes. Served here on a bed of mango salsa (left over from last week, see previous post for that recipe) and a side of chopped kale salad. Kale was chopped up after cleaning and run through the salad spinner. Added small diced red onion, granny smith apple, cucumber, tomato, toasted walnuts and a light viniagrette with the juice of 2 lemons, one Halo orange, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tbls cider vinegar, 2 tbls sugar, PHSS&P, and brightened up with a touch of dijon mustard as an emulsifier.

We make these often, here's another episode cooked last year:

20190623_175918.jpg

Happy Grilling!

Reactions: kruizer and shoebe
Looks good! Only thing I see wrong with the recipe is it should read.....12 pack of beer divided. Lol! Nice meal!

• Haha
Reactions: jayd4wg
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky