Broke Down, Bought A Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
Been wanting a little more capacity. I know, this is the first step to much bigger things down the road. I admit I am a meat smoker. Have not attended any meetings yet, but am close.
Anyhow, I bought a charcoal smoker cause that is what I know and I AM an old dog. It is by CFM Home Products of Mississauga, Ontario and Joplin, MO, but turns out it is made in China like everything else. A Smoky Mountain Series Smoker. Not a Weber. This thing is basically a square ECB. It has dampers to control air flow, which is a better thing. And the firepan can be removed to add charcoal if needed, another better thing. The water pan is smaller, but easily filled if needed. As usual, the "thermometer" on the door is mostly worthless, graduated in 10 degree increments.
Not retiring the ECB, just adding capacity. Both will be smoking.
So, here are some pics of it and the seasoning burn. It gets the first load of meat tomorrow, brined boneless thick cut pork chops, beer butt chicken, country style pork ribs. Film at 11.
Oh yeah, under $100 cost.
e69ddf99_vbattach12716.jpg

71826959_vbattach12714.jpg

51b6ba56_vbattach12715.jpg

17e0eb5c_vbattach12713.jpg

NICE addition Mike! I'll be waiting till 11 to see some "Q signals".

Hope you like it as much as your........a ........your........well............your other smoker.

Do they sell paint in your town?
icon_biggrin.gif
Oh man, I just opened a can of whoop ____.

Call me every name in the book, I don't care. You have made some awsome Q on your other. Hope you enjoy this one as much.

Have a good weekend

Pix at 11 too, right?

Jane made me power wash the ol' ECB last summer, nothing changed, still looked as good as always. It just has a nice "patina".
PDT_Armataz_01_24.gif

This was my second one. I had the ECB first and gave it to my wife's Aunt and Uncle since I wanted more space.

I like this one better, but how do you manage the ashes?

I have been cooking for a couple of years with the outdoor gear, but still a newbie since I just been trying to learn on my own...

I am so glad that I found this site... this site has showed me how much I don't know, but am learning at least.

I couldn't help but think ...

The Papa bear , the Mama bear and the Baby bear when I saw the new avatar!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Congrats Mike!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky