Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Boy oh boy does that look good. Sorry I'm a tad late to this, but that brisket looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Wow Tyler!! What an amazing looking brisket. That is without doubt one of...if not THE best looking slabs of pure beef Heaven I've ever seen. Absolutely outstanding job sir.

Robvert
Geez Robert, you're making me blush. Thanks for the kind words sir! Though I'd argue that the prime rib you posted recently tops this for sure
Very Nice..........:emoji_thumbsup:
Thank you very much :emoji_thumbsup:

Very nice! I usually go 275 naked the whole time to get that bark. Nice trimming! I do the same to get the flat corners removed and get closer to a uniform thickness so it shrinks and swells into a more uniform football. Might as well trim what will dry up and burn and save for burger or put back and pull that cut portion of flat early. When you manicure and it turns into a football you know it's going to be juicy.

Don't think I've ever posted a brisket here, so here it goes. This one from this past weekend.

The store I go to had slim pickings when I was there (must have caught them before restocking) so the choices were a little limited. I grabbed this guy as others available were a little small for my liking
View attachment 644565

Trimmed and seasoned, ready to throw on the offset. I trim pretty heavily as I like to use the trimmings for burgers, sausage, and tallow.
View attachment 644568View attachment 644569
After about 9 or so hours on the smoker (wrapped in butcher paper after about 6 hrs once I was happy with my bark) it's probing tender and feeling done.
View attachment 644570

I'm a big believer in a nice long rest if time allows. To me it makes a much better and more tender/juicy brisket. I usually rest mine in the oven for 8-12 hours if I can. My oven's lowest setting is 170, however after I temp tested it numerous times the actual temp holds around 155-160

All done
View attachment 644571
Center cut of lean and moist and some other various shots:

View attachment 644573View attachment 644574
View attachment 644575View attachment 644576

View attachment 644577View attachment 644578View attachment 644579
Brisket is what started my love affair with BBQ/meat years back, and to this day is still one of my very favorite things to eat and share with friends and family.

Thanks for stopping by

-Tyler
Looks like brisket perfection!! I am cooking on overnight tonight…family coming over tomorrow. What temp did you set your smoker to for this ?? What was the internal temp when you pulled it for the rest in the over?

Very nice! I usually go 275 naked the whole time to get that bark. Nice trimming! I do the same to get the flat corners removed and get closer to a uniform thickness so it shrinks and swells into a more uniform football. Might as well trim what will dry up and burn and save for burger or put back and pull that cut portion of flat early. When you manicure and it turns into a football you know it's going to be juicy.
Thank you! Yes I agree 100% on trimming. I do my best to use every single scrap of that trimmed meat and fat.
Looks like brisket perfection!! I am cooking on overnight tonight…family coming over tomorrow. What temp did you set your smoker to for this ?? What was the internal temp when you pulled it for the rest in the over?
So sorry I am just now seeing this. Hope your brisket turned out good. I usually smoke between 225-250, and increase to 275 after I wrap. Internal temp was near 200 when I pulled however just probe for tenderness and dont worry about the temp so much.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky