Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CTXSmokeLover

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 17, 2022
Central TX
Don't think I've ever posted a brisket here, so here it goes. This one from this past weekend.

The store I go to had slim pickings when I was there (must have caught them before restocking) so the choices were a little limited. I grabbed this guy as others available were a little small for my liking
IMG_0339.jpg

Trimmed and seasoned, ready to throw on the offset. I trim pretty heavily as I like to use the trimmings for burgers, sausage, and tallow.
IMG_0343 (1).jpg
IMG_0344.jpg

After about 9 or so hours on the smoker (wrapped in butcher paper after about 6 hrs once I was happy with my bark) it's probing tender and feeling done.
IMG_0346.jpg

I'm a big believer in a nice long rest if time allows. To me it makes a much better and more tender/juicy brisket. I usually rest mine in the oven for 8-12 hours if I can. My oven's lowest setting is 170, however after I temp tested it numerous times the actual temp holds around 155-160

All done
IMG_0348.jpg

Center cut of lean and moist and some other various shots:

IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0364.jpg
IMG_0365.jpg

Brisket is what started my love affair with BBQ/meat years back, and to this day is still one of my very favorite things to eat and share with friends and family.

Thanks for stopping by

-Tyler

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 25
Looks great!
Appreciate it smokerjim!
Damn Tyler that brisket looks perfect! Juicy, bark, and nice smoke ring. Very nice!
Thanks SmokinVOLfan, I appreciate you taking a look and the kind words!
Yes sir looks tender and juicy with a nice smoke ring and bark ! I am also a believer in a nice, long rest !

Keith
Thanks Keith! Yes sir, it ain't easy waiting but it's worth it
Great looking brisket
Thanks, appreciate it!
Looks excellent. Nicely done.
Thanks SmokinEdge, I appreciate you stopping by
Mmmm, Mmmm, that looks so good.
I'm salivating hard.
Thanks chile! It's payback for all the times you have made me salivate with your awesome posts!
Looks awesome - I'm hungry, and I just ate! :emoji_sunglasses:
Thanks RS!
Very well done, Sir!
I'm jealous of that price for Prime BTW....
Thanks smokeymose! Yeah a benefit of being a meat lover in TX is that it's readily available and typically at a decent price. What's it go for in your neck of the woods (where is your neck of the woods?) if you don't mind me asking?
I wish we had HEBs out here, I always liked them when I was out in Texas.
Yes sir HEB is great and in this part of TX pretty much the only grocery store worth going to.
Looks awesome, nice job!!
Thanks Tbern, I appreciate you stopping by and taking a look.

Thanks again to everyone for the likes and comments

What's it go for in your neck of the woods (where is your neck of the woods?) if you don't mind me asking?
price.jpg
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't planning to get a brisket but that markdown got me.
Sad thing is that when I got home and looked at the receipt I saw that it rang up at $59.36. The scanner at checkout didn't pick up the markdown.
I haven't been to Costco for a while but a couple of months ago a 15# prime packer would set you back around $100....
I live on the outskirts of Indianapolis. Little hint. If you hover your cursor over a member's icon it will show where they're from if they have it in their profile. I found out by accident :-)

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
View attachment 644651
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't planning to get a brisket but that markdown got me.
Sad thing is that when I got home and looked at the receipt I saw that it rang up at $59.36. The scanner at checkout didn't pick up the markdown.
I haven't been to Costco for a while but a couple of months ago a 15# prime packer would set you back around $100....
I live on the outskirts of Indianapolis. Little hint. If you hover your cursor over a member's icon it will show where they're from if they have it in their profile. I found out by accident :-)
$100! Whoa that's high. Pork & chicken would be my best friend at those prices. Thanks for the tip on the icon. I'm still a little new around here so I need all the help I can get lol
Well Tyler, that looks to be about as good as it can get...:emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks GonnaSmoke. It was delicious
Amazing looking brisket. Hope it tasted as good as it looked.
It sure did. Thanks for stopping by Jeremy
Nice smoked brisket!

I know the Indianapolis area well. Wife grew up in Carmel, Indiana. Have friends in Noblesville…my brother in law went to Butler University….
Thanks yankee!

Nice smoked brisket!

I know the Indianapolis area well. Wife grew up in Carmel, Indiana. Have friends in Noblesville…my brother in law went to Butler University….
My daughter and her family live in Carmel.
I'm on the Northwest side where 38th St. meets Dandy Trail (near the Eagle Creek reservoir).

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky