Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

larroyo101

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 28, 2020
My 2nd time at a 10lb brisket getting better. salt and pepper and a little of Byron's butt rub avg 275 wrapped at 180 pulled @ 202 rested for two hrs. All in all tender and juicy
20211017_164026.jpg
20211017_162812.jpg
20211017_162259.jpg
20211017_042910.jpg

Looks great! What kind of smoker and what was your wood of choice?

My 2nd time at a 10lb brisket getting better. salt and pepper and a little of Byron's butt rub avg 275 wrapped at 180 pulled @ 202 rested for two hrs. All in all tender and juicy View attachment 513938View attachment 513939View attachment 513940View attachment 513942
Hi there and welcome!

By the looks of your trim job and your results it seems you have done some studying up on smoking a brisket and are executing it well :D

Just remember that a brisket is done when it is tender all over rather than by time or temp alone. Temp will tell you when to check for tenderness.
Best place to temp probe a brisket is the thickest yet center most spot of the FLAT muscle. A brisket will fool you easily on temp so you have stab all over to test tenderness and when it goes in ALL OVER without resistance it is tender. I use a wooden kabob skewers and I personally start checking at 200F internal temp (IT) of the meat. With a prime brisket I'll check at 198F IT.

Keep it up and great job man! :D

Hi there and welcome!

By the looks of your trim job and your results it seems you have done some studying up on smoking a brisket and are executing it well :D

Just remember that a brisket is done when it is tender all over rather than by time or temp alone. Temp will tell you when to check for tenderness.
Best place to temp probe a brisket is the thickest yet center most spot of the FLAT muscle. A brisket will fool you easily on temp so you have stab all over to test tenderness and when it goes in ALL OVER without resistance it is tender. I use a wooden kabob skewers and I personally start checking at 200F internal temp (IT) of the meat. With a prime brisket I'll check at 198F IT.

Keep it up and great job man! :D
Thanks for the tip. Those numbers were just to put in my bbq journal for reference yes I have done alot studying here on SMF. So thanks to all members on this forum for all the posts, tips , recipes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky