Brisket Steak testing .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Rich, this really has me thinking. Whole packers are on sale fairly regularly around me for $1.99/lb.-$2.99/lb. If there's a way to make a decent grillable steak out of one, I'd like to try it. Was thinking steaks from the point and smoke the flat using SmokinAl SmokinAl 's technique for the flat. Do you think they would definitely need some kind of sauce such as the Bachan's or some kind of marinade? Hot and fast on a blistering hot grill or in a CI skillet? I don't have a SV so... Hmmm...:emoji_thinking:

Do you think they would definitely need some kind of sauce such as the Bachan's or some kind of marinade? Hot and fast on a blistering hot grill or in a CI skillet? I don't have a SV so... Hmmm
Charles , I'm not sure . I guess if you have a marinade that would break it down enough you could do that . I think the SV really comes into play here .

Are you beginning to feel "enabled" Charles?
Since you brought that up , here's the other sauces .
the green lable is the one I use with stir fry .
1674773103293.jpeg

Nice work Rich, Brisket is still too expensive to play around with around here.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
Great idea Rich. And they look really good!
Thanks . They were . Steve if you go back and look at the sliced pics above , You can see how the grain direction changed as I sliced through the whole steaks . I think that was part of the " chewy "
I'm wondering if jaccarding the heck out of them would help reduce the chewiness.
I was thinking along the same lines . I bet it would . Be worth a try to skip the SV . Jaccard , then marinate . Then on a hot grill .
Not all the sections of the brisket will work . I just noticed some pieces were really tender . Mostly due to the way I happened to cut the hunks to be ground .

Reactions: Steve H
Actually I'd would still SV them after being jaccarded. With the way the grain goes all over the place. I wouldn't skip that step.

Man Rick, those steaks look really, really good!! I'd have never thought to cut a steak from brisket but the way you went about it makes perfect sense. Very nice sir!!

Robert

Nice job on those… wouldn’t have thought to do that… but now gotta try it out! Thanks for posting and congrats on the ride!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky