Brisket sauce?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old golfer guy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Doing my first brisket in a couple of years. Wondering about sauce, what's the newest thing?
I make Franklins regular sauce and like it. I use very little if any but it pleases my friends. Any other sauces that are popular now?
Friend born and raised in Texas says if it's good meat and smoked right you don't need no stinking sauce!!

Reactions: hoity toit
I agree with your buddy , but I'll have some on the table . Usually something smokey with some tang .

Reactions: hoity toit
No bbq or sauce for me just good smoked au jus. I suppose if I used any sauce it would just be Worcestershire

I guess it's not traditional but I like just a little bit of some Carolina style mustard and vinegar sauce with brisket. I'm sure this will offend the entire state of Texas but I also like a slice of a quality white american cheese and some grilled onions on a brisket sandwich as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky