Brisket rib pre cooked

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
Did some reading. Still not sure. Going to do few racks of ribs and a packer for work.
Ribs no biggie as we have a commercial grade fan forced oven. Smoke and finish ribs on sat. Cool, wrap and keep till Monday and reheat. On the brisket seems to be same the same thought. Take to probe tender rest and wrap. Here us where I'm not sure. Ribs seem to retain moisture well so foil only.
1. On the brisket would I be better off to let cool then saran wrap, then foil until the reheat at work retaining as much moisture as possible? . Unwrap the saran and discard then rewrap foil and reheat.
2. Dont reaheat whole brisket but slice cold then let everyone nuke their slices.

That's a tough one. On one hand I think you would be better off slicing it and then reheating but you don't want it to dry out. On the other hand saran wrap then rehating the whole thing might cause you some issues too.

Would it be possible to do your smoke on Sunday? If it was me and time permitted I would try to plan to finish up everything late Sunday evening wrap it up and put it in a cooler with a bunch of old towels then just take the cooler to work the next morning and do your slicing there.

That's a tough one. On one hand I think you would be better off slicing it and then reheating but you don't want it to dry out. On the other hand saran wrap then rehating the whole thing might cause you some issues too.

Would it be possible to do your smoke on Sunday? If it was me and time permitted I would try to plan to finish up everything late Sunday evening wrap it up and put it in a cooler with a bunch of old towels then just take the cooler to work the next morning and do your slicing there.
Should have been more clear. Yes planning on brisket smoke Sunday . Just wasnt sure about pulling Sunday evening then cooler till noon lunch Monday. If wrapped to warm and that long in cooler would it overcook to become dry with carry over.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with their ideas but I think you should be fine. You might lose some of your bark but I guarantee that sucker will still be hot when you go to carve it. Try pink butcher paper instead of foil.

Reactions: phathead69
I've left in cooler with towels for 6 or 7 hours before and the brisket was still blazing hot. Not sure about longer though

Absolutely a tough one. I would not involve saran wrap and I would never ever have anyone microwave left over brisket. What I was thinking is that you cook it normal and slice it. Then maybe wrap all the slices tight with all the juices and maybe some beef broth and in to the fridge. The next day maybe put it all in a crock pot but just put it on the warming setting and add beef broth to that for moisture. I don't see it cooking further on warm but warming up slowly would probably be your best best. Sous vide would be even better but if you don't have that then I think crock pot reheat is your best bet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky