Brisket Process with QVIEW (Steps 1-3)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tallboys

Original poster
Nov 11, 2010
8d1fab6a_007.jpg
Gonna try to document my brisket process for a few friends that usually just see the finished product.  Today I am cooking a small 6lb Certified Angus Beef or CAB Brisket Flat from sams Club.  This is the weapon of choice for most bbq competitors I know.  I buy these by the case from Sams for abour $3 a pound.  absolute gold on the pit!  Speaking of pit...the big pit is getting a break today, we will be using the Green Mountain Pellet Smoker for the cook.  Cooking hot at 265-275 will be the plan today.

Step 1- open beef and coat with mustard.  I do this for the rub to stick...this adds ZERO to flavor profile.

Step 2- rub with rub of choice.  Today we used Texas BBQ Rub's Brisket #2 Blend along with a little Starbucks Sumatra. (yes...coffee)

Step 3- goto the smoker fatside DOWN.  I go fatside down till i get the color I want then go to the pan.  More to come on this later

13c612eb_003.jpg

9e96936c_002.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky