Brisket in a rocket ship

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Southeast Michigan
Thought I would post a thread using the rocket ship.
I have successfully cooked and smoked a couple times using this modified
ECB-W22 a couple times, including jerky at 140-150° .
So I'm doing a whole smaller brisket today using a minion and some mixed apple and hickory chunk wood.

The brisket has SPOG and a little heat by way of cayenne and some pepper flakes. I used a bit of lemon pepper and lawry's.
This thing is easy to adjust heat up and down. I'm running 230 at 40 minute mark .
I have a drip pan under most of the meat. Running fat cap up and I will flip it later to render more fat and protect the meat in the later stages.
Was a 8.5 lb little brisket and I trimmed off 1.25 lbs hard fat and silver skin.
But of leaking around the kettle lid but I leave it alone. Not losing enough heat to worry about.
All 3 dampers on the kettle body are open to let in smoke from the ECB charcoal pan. Or tabletop kettle modified. I elevated the charcoal for this cook to conserve fuel. Normally it is in a lower position.
Will have some finished food pics later I home.
I'm also doing 8 lbs of beef jerky on the ECM (El Cheapo Masterbuilt) today.
IMG_20180408_092945.jpg
IMG_20180408_102418.jpg
IMG_20180408_102422.jpg
IMG_20180408_102733.jpg
IMG_20180408_103914.jpg
1523201365912417102903.jpg

That is a good looking piece of meat Johnny!
Al
Yeah Al , it seemed nice and bendable. It bent nice in the package and had a good even thickness to it. The flat seemed decent and had good softer fat that will render more. I will try and get this done whole without the wrapping. Try to just power through the stall . I may go 275 -300 at the end and flip this so the fat is underneath. Has a bunch of fat so it should be juicy.

No brisket pic...
I put it in foil to rest and just ended up sticking it in the fridge for reheating today..

Was 12 midnight :D

Did get a couple pounds of jerky done.
Used the Masterbuilt electric bullet and a tray of lumber Jack pellets.
IMG_20180408_145249.jpg
IMG_20180409_084717.jpg

Reactions: motocrash
That has to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. We are truly only limited by our imaginations. Brisket & Jerky look awesome.

Reactions: motocrash
Im glad you pulled this one back up. I didnt see it first time around. Everything looked perfect, including the Frankenstein pit LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky