Brisket help ! Advice ! Or opion !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

redneck5236

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 24, 2019
Wife bought me a 4lb chunk of brisket in July for my birthday ! Just took it out of freezer ! Intend braise cook it in the oven on Sunday for sandwiches for play off games ! I have never cooked a brisket at all ! I plan to cook it in a mixture made from butter ! Worst sauce! Garlic powder! Coarse black pepper ! A hint if brown sugar ! And a dash of liquid smoke ! And chunks of onions ! Going to put it in oven about six am in covered roaster pan at 250 degrees ! Basting often let cook till about three or four the throw in the broiler to get some bark ! Am I on the right track ? Any help advice or opinions are appreciated !

Not sure about the time and everything. But me personally On a brisket. I’d leave the brown sugar off of it. And just stick to SPOG

Reactions: jcam222
Shoot for a internal temperature of 200-205* for pull apart meat. Keep it just under 200* for slicing but at least 195* small piece like that won’t take too long. Cook by internal temperature, not time.

Reactions: 912smoker
As mentioned go by internal temp, start probing around 200, when the probe goes through it like butter your done usually around 202 to 205, wrap in a towel and let rest for a while. As for seasoning what ever you like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky