Brisket for sunday dinner!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
This is a 9# packer, Marinated overnite in Moores and Beef broth with a little rub on it! I'm planning to serve around 5pm! I know it's going to be close but if it takes longer Oh Well ;-)
18fa3515_loin001.jpg

Nice start Raptor!

What time did you put it in?---I hope early!

What temp you holding?

Hope you make it---Sure would be nice to get some cooler time to "tender" it up!

Bear

Thanks Bear,

What time did you put it in?---I hope early!
 I put it on at 7am! I'm sure it will be a late dinner (as usual) :)
 What temp you holding?
 around 225 to240

Hope you make it---Sure would be nice to get some cooler time to "tender" it up!
 Definetly going in the cooler! Not gonna ruin a nice brisky just for time sake!!

Looking good Raptor - You are gonna be eatin late for sure but that is a good thing - give you more time to sit and relax
biggrin.gif

icon_cool.gif

It looks like I have plenty of time to make your house. I'm in the Jax area and heading towards you now. Oh heck maybe I should finish my sausage and pork butt first. Then I'll be alittle late so save me some of that pure goodness that you too are making.

c213c9d0_loin003.jpg

icon_cool.gif

It looks like I have plenty of time to make your house. I'm in the Jax area and heading towards you now. Oh heck maybe I should finish my sausage and pork butt first. Then I'll be alittle late so save me some of that pure goodness that you too are making.
No Problem, You have time to smoke your butt and still make it! LOL  It's been 6hrs and it's been holding 152 for1.5hrs

Last edited:
nothing wrong with 9pm dinner esp when its brisket

Just to help a brother out here.

Raptor, that looks like there is something wrong with it and I think you better pack it in dry ice and ship it up this was so we can investagate it for flaws. There is several members close here that can offer an expert opinion.

BTW the plate looks great, but there sure isn't much salad there.

Nice job man.

I've put them in at six AM before and they still weren't done in time for dinner Sunday night. I smoke at 225F and never open the door until it's time to take it out.

This time however I had good luck and finally managed to turn out a brisket that I really liked. However, as luck would have it, I put it in at midnight so as not to run out of time as before and the thing was already up to temp, 200F, and ready to come out by 7:30 AM or so. Go figure! 

It really does all depend on the particular piece of meat you happen to get.

Oh well, I just double foiled and double coolered the thing and we had an earlier than usual Sunday dinner so it was no biggie. I was just really happy to finally get a brisket that I considered better than the local Q joint puts out. The wife seemed to be pretty happy eating it too. In fact she's munching down a brisket sandwich for lunch right now.

Nice looking brisket! What internal temperature did you eventually hit?
It finaly hit 163 and wouldn't budge, I was going for a 165-170 but I couldn't fight it anymore! So I foiled and took it to 190*, Then into the cooler for almost 2hrs. This is the 2nd brisky ever for me and it was Great! Had some nice sammies today for lunch
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif
  I couldn't have pulled it off without all the info I have gained from SMF Bretheren! Thanks to all and once again sorry about the sub par pics getting a new cam. SOON!!!!!!!!!!

Raptor - Great looking brisky! I noticed some pepper shapes in that pic, you doing your own chipotles?
Thanks Bigticket, Sorry it took awhile to reply, I've been out of town for a week. Went to the FBA funcook!! Had a great time and plenty of Q. But yes I make my own chipotles for my sauce!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky