brisket for lunch

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dmcmd

Original poster
Sep 10, 2016
Hi all,

I'm new here, but not new to smoking. Thought I'd share what I've got. I built a smoker and an electronic control for it. I put a brisket on tonight, and now I'm going to bed. It'll be ready in time for lunch!

Brisket's trimmed and rubbed with my secret recipe of salt and pepper. Shoot! Just gave away my secret recipe...

It's in the smoker and ready to go.

Charcoal and mesquite mixture is lit.

Sealed up with the controller on.

It's set to smoke at 225 until the meat gets to 203, at which point it will shut down.

I'll update tomorrow...

Nice build!

Would you swing by "Roll Call" & introduce yourself, so we can all give you a proper welcome!

Al

Started running out of fuel in the smoker at about 13 hours, when the meat was at about 182, so I took it out, wrapped it, and finished it in the oven for a few hours to get it up to 205.

Here's your brisket fix for tonight!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky