Brisket for 70 guest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trrostan

Original poster
Jul 25, 2016
Hi, My name is tom and I am new to the forum.

Question , how many lbs of packer brisket will I need to smoke for 70 people in  a Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker that I just got . I plan on trimming all but 1/4 " fat from the packer and hope there is enough room in the smoker. Please assist 

thanks, Tom

Welcome Tom!  Brisket for 70 is quite a challenge on a smoker you just got!  If you figure a 1/2lb per guest, 2 18 lb packers should cover it.  Best of luck with that smoke, keep us posted.

Mike

Hi Tom!

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

I would figure about 1/3 lb. per person.

Which means you need about 25 lbs. of meat.

You will need to start with about 50 lbs. of raw brisket to yield 25 lbs. of finished product.

I would look for 4 briskets in the 12-14 lb. range. 

Al

Al

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from another cloudy but hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky