Brisket & Burnt Ends (August) - QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

knifebld

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
Valleyfield, Quebec
Hey everyone,

Was dying to smoke another brisket and the August throwdown gave me the perfect excuse to stop by my preferred butcher to grab a nice 13.5 lbs packer;

After some light trimming of the fat, I proceeded with injecting at every square inch with some simple beef broth and then bagged it in with my goto brisket marinade;

After marinading for about 18 hours, I dusted with some Kosher salt and black pepper and tossed in on the smoker at around 10pm using chunks of Mesquite and a chamber temp of about 230F;

When the IT hit 155F, I foiled with some beef broth and a dusting of rub;

IT hit about 202F, toothpick test confirmed it was done...and out she comes;

Rested the flat and began working on my burnt ends;

After a few hours, we were ready to eat! Final shots;

It turned out incredible, even better then my last one. Had a great smoke ring, it was very moist and tasted fantastic. Once again my wife kept most of the burnt ends for herself as they too turned out very well.

Was a fun smoke and the throwdown made it very interesting!

Thanks for watching! Cheers!

Reactions: pc farmer
That is one great lookin brisket.

How many hours did it take?

drool.gif
 It looks very moist and a nice smoke ring.

Glad it turned out better this time. Keep notes of what you

did and it should get better every time.

Happy smoken.

David

That is one great lookin brisket.

How many hours did it take?
Thanks! Took about 15.5 hours :)

drool.gif
 It looks very moist and a nice smoke ring.

Glad it turned out better this time. Keep notes of what you

did and it should get better every time.

Happy smoken.

David
Thanks David...for sure gonna keep smoking and getting better...would not be as much fun if there wasn't something to learn after each smoke. Cheers!
Dude. I am green with envy.
biggrin.gif
LOL Thanks Ham!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky