• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

brisket 1.98LB at walmart in denver.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009
Hello fellow Mile High Smoker!

I have been seeing Walmart and Sam's come down in prices on Briskets. Wasn't until recently that I saw Walmart carry full packers. I have never been really impressed with the meat out of Walmart, so I am hesitant to buy one.  I typically get mine from King Soopers (Krogers).  Their regular price is 1.99 a pound, or at least has been for the last two years.   As a matter of fact I got the pit heating up right now for a Brisket and chicken smoke.  Got to feed some firemen tomorrow =)

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I guess Im glad that I'm in Fla for I get them on sale sometimes for 1.10lb and even .99 a few times a year.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

I guess Im glad that I'm in Fla for I get them on sale sometimes for 1.10lb and even .99 a few times a year.
Mark,

Do you have to wear a ski-mask to get them at that price? 

english-bulldog

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 5, 2010
Good to see, I am from Thornton too!

off of 120th / holly.  (i25/120th.)

My dad got a packer from King Soopers for 2.89/lb, I told he he over paid.  (he gave me a dirty look)

I had not idea they were 2$/LB, I've been going to King Soopers for a long time, I've never seen em @ that price.

I better start checking the paper.

Thanks.

*added, I was at Sams the other day, the price was 2.80$/LB.  :(

I have to admit Walmart meat SUCKS, but it was cheap, so I figured WTH.  (My first brisket was good, I hope this one is too)

The best meat I can find is at Albertsons or Sams.
Hello fellow Mile High Smoker!

I have been seeing Walmart and Sam's come down in prices on Briskets. Wasn't until recently that I saw Walmart carry full packers. I have never been really impressed with the meat out of Walmart, so I am hesitant to buy one.  I typically get mine from King Soopers (Krogers).  Their regular price is 1.99 a pound, or at least has been for the last two years.   As a matter of fact I got the pit heating up right now for a Brisket and chicken smoke.  Got to feed some firemen tomorrow =)

Last edited:

mr mac

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 19, 2009
Wasn't until recently that I saw Walmart carry full packers. I have never been really impressed with the meat out of Walmart, so I am hesitant to buy one. 
This one   was a Wal-Mart packer as is the one I have in the fridge (a $1.98 specimen) thawing out for a Monday smoke.  One of the reasons ours is always priced a bit high is the grocer's union. 

Last edited:

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.