Brinkmann Trailmaster Limited Edition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WeekendBBQguy,

Not really sure on the science of how it works.Its a steel plate with a 90deg bend in it. Place it on the end of your cooking grate, nearest the fire box. One end will sit on your grate and other end will hang in front of firebox opening. Slight movements towards or away from firebox opening while change temps, but once you find the "spot" your temps will even out. Been workin great for me and am now using less charcoa/wood.

Hope this helps!

I built an charcoal basket to regulate my heat in the firebox look online or YouTube to see how to make one or you can buy one online too.

Ya they are hard to find now since brinkmann is out of business. Def good prices just remember you can't order any replacement parts or anything anymore.

Thanks Smokering90 I made a similar baffle for my trailmaster i put together this week, I remember seeing a waterpan/baffle on the site,but forgot where!! Stole the idea like a hungry dog!!
45.gif

I was wondering if that price meant they were going to/had stopped production.  So that's the story?  End of an era...

On October 8, 2015, Brinkmann filed for Chapter 11 under the US bankruptcy code. As of November 30th, 2015 they are no longer selling products, not accepting returns or exchanges, and not honoring warranties. It appears one of their biggest client, Home Depot, stopped ordering and that pushed them over the edge

But see here... http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/244356/brinkmann-fans-landmann-has-picked-up-the-torch-for-you

My first smoke on my brinkmann trailmaster after all the mods. Smoke stack at grate level, baffle and tuning plate, gaskets on fire and cook chamber, thermometers at grate level, locking latches on cook box,charcoal basket. I wanted to do a cheap first smoke so i did pork spare ribs.

Reactions: smokey whaler
      I have made several mods to mine, I used 1/4" steel plate to make a baffle to force the heat below the bottom rails, then I bought 1/4' x 2 x 14.5",  16 of them to go across the rails all the way to the end of the chamber.  I am still tuning the bars trying to get the spacing right. I also added a plate of sheet metal on the exhaust end that fits the inside diameter and goes down to the grate. I'm having a great time with it now, temp spikes are not a big issue and on long smokes the temp uniformity just keeps getting better as the heat warms the steel bars up, I use a water pan directly on top the baffle.

I have thought of getting some thick perforated metal with like 1/4" holes to put under the bars to help transfer the heat to all the bars a little faster but haven't done it yet.   At the moment I use an IGRILL2 one probe in front one in front of what I'm smoking and one at the end and the other 2 I put in what I'm smoking, when needed I have a REDI CHECK to monitor the heat and track the meat with the IGRILL.

I also sealed the lid with high temp silicon and added a piece of expanded metal to the grate in the fire box.

ok so i finally got to getting my new smoker ready for action.    I have it siliconed, the door toggle clamps, firebox and cook chamber gaskets and bbqsmokermods baffle plate kit.        I see they sell an exhaust extension to bring the stack down to the grates but they say don't use if you have a baffle plate installed you don't need them.    

Do you all find that to be true?   You don't want to extend the stack down to grates with a baffle?

Also i have a face cord of hickory.  do i really need to go thru the hassle of chunking it downing small piece and building a mesh box for the firebox?   Is it just going to be too hard to regulate temps or something running full pieces of split wood is that why everyone runs a box?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky