Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker mod tips??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokehouse

Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I am getting an Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker for Christmas and I am wondering if there are any mods i should do to help my performance? I noticed with the Charcoal version of this model there are a few mods recommended.
Appreciate any tips. Thanks.

I put a thermometer in my lid. Picked it up at Lowes. A Weber thermometer I believe. I also took advice from somewhere else on this site and bought a pepper grilling rack ($3.00 @ WalMart)to place my cast iron smoker box ($10.00 Lowes) on. I'd highly recommend this. Keeps it from resting directly on the element and harming it. One last thing, temperature control is a nice feature. I was lucky and got my hands on a monster rheostat. Barring that kind of luck it sounds like alot of people have successfully used a single burner hot-plate for lower temp smoking. I know the purists frown on the electric Brinkman's but I love mine!

Hello
this is what Mods I have made to my Brinkman picked it up at a garage sale
for $8.00. Put oven thermometer in door then painted it black with high heat paint,also drilled holes in dome to run wires for temp gauges have wires going through cork to keep heat and smoke in also have second cork
so I can take out and spray apple cider vinegar thru it
f1c2b913_vbattach13984.jpg

69da62f9_vbattach13985.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky